Team °PubStarZ°
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We pwn noobs one pub at a time!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
MonsterInc
How to Use Ventrilo I_vote10How to Use Ventrilo I_voti12How to Use Ventrilo I_vote11 
[JM]Panty
How to Use Ventrilo I_vote10How to Use Ventrilo I_voti12How to Use Ventrilo I_vote11 
Kylla
DarkSouljur
sneakarn
lawgiver
FastTaker
War
Im[a]Potatoe
Scarecrow13

How to Use Ventrilo

Go down 
+7
War
TheEvan
Guy
TjHooker
shadowville
MonsterInc
Kylla
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kylla
Sneaky Panda
Sneaky Panda
Kylla

How to Use Ventrilo Empty
PostSubject: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:53 pm

1st -- Download ventrilo from http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php From clients. Choose the one that matches your operating system.

2nd -- Install the program

3rd -- Once installed open Vent. Click the arrow next to the User Name field to setup your user name. Click New and type in a User Name. The Phonetic field is optional and allows the server to properly announce your arrival and disembark on the server. Click OK.

4th -- Click the arrow next to the Server field to setup the server and port addresses. Click New and type in a Server name (it could be pandas if you really want). Click OK. In the main Connection Editor window enter the server address and then the port number.

5th -- We have found it most efficient to use the PTT (Push to Talk) bindings it minimizes the background noise on the channel for all, you are most welcome to use other settings but we will ask you to activate PTT if there is undue channel noise from your node.

6th -- Click the Setup Button on the main Vent window.Check the Push-To-Talk Hotkey box. You will then need to consider your key or key combo that you wish to use. Note anytime you have to enter this menu to adjust your settings you will not be able to talk across Vent until you cancel/OK out of this window.

7th -- to get the ip and the port you should go on the clan page and you should be able to see it in the messages Very Happy

Last edited by Kylla on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://teampubstarz.forumotion.com
MonsterInc
Fuzzy Panda
Fuzzy Panda
MonsterInc

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:19 am

Well done. Also when you are done installing your Ventrilo, usually ask one of the Lieutenants or through clan chat for the password. You can ask also ask us about any technical issues you might be having. If you would like to scrim with us you as a part of our main scream team you need to be on Vent all the time and we also require you to have a microphone in order to direct and understand scrims better.

MonsterInc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Razz Good guide, for teh noobies. afro
Back to top Go down
Kylla
Sneaky Panda
Sneaky Panda
Kylla

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:33 pm

I try
Back to top Go down
shadowville
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
shadowville

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:36 pm

kyla is a genius
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiscanada.tk

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Thank god!! finnaly a genius guide of vent for noobs like ME!
Back to top Go down
TjHooker
Uber Panda
Uber Panda
TjHooker

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 8:09 pm

how do i leave a comment like medic is doin with his dog surgery
Back to top Go down
Guy
Panda Enthusiast
Panda Enthusiast
Guy

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 8:30 pm

At the side from everyones names it has a list of 7 things

Disconenct
Comment
Chat
Setup
About
Close
Help

Click comment. Type in what you want, then click OK.
Back to top Go down
TheEvan
Junior Panda
Junior Panda
TheEvan

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 am

Lawl, I bet MY "node" would make a lot of undue channel noise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:56 am

Kylla should add 1 more thing:

If you have Windows Vista and you can't talk while ingame, run vent as administrator and then it should work.
Back to top Go down
Kylla
Sneaky Panda
Sneaky Panda
Kylla

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:53 am

GOOOOD CALL DE
Back to top Go down
Guy
Panda Enthusiast
Panda Enthusiast
Guy

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 am

Yeah, I worked that one out on myself Sad I always had to alt+tab out to my vent to talk. That's why I didn't speak in scrims, got that fixed now Smile
Back to top Go down
Kylla
Sneaky Panda
Sneaky Panda
Kylla

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:58 am

YAY!
Back to top Go down
War
Panda Army
Panda Army

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Also people are asking me how to run multiple vents.

Here is how:

If you wish to load multiple Ventrilo Clients, you may do so by modifying your shortcut. To do so, simply locate your Ventrilo shortcut and "Right Click" it and go down to "Properties". The Ventrilo Properties window will now be only, locate the "Target" field and at the end of line of text including the target for your Ventrilo program add "-m". Your target field should look like so:

Before: "C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe"
Default Ventrilo taget field

http://www.voipservers.net/article/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/vscp1.bmp

After: "C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe" -m
Multiple Ventrilo Client target field

http://www.voipservers.net/article/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/vscp2.bmp

From now on use that shortcut when you open Ventrilo and you will not be limited to how many clients you can have open. Enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pubstarz.moonfruit.com
Infinite
I'm the Juggernaut Panda!
I'm the Juggernaut Panda!
Infinite

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 am

As my first addition to the forum. If you don't hear your teammates well, figure out your voice isn't clear or even if there's too much background noise, on your side.

Here's a site where there's a very small guide how to normalise your ventrilo. So that voices run smooth.

Ventrilo Normalisation

Hope this helps anyone bounce
Back to top Go down
sneakarn
Panda Army
Panda Army
sneakarn

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:40 am

You are pretty smart sometimes Kylla.

Keep it UP! afro
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm getting: "You are not allowed to switch channels manually".

[Edit]
Fixed by Infinite, thank you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:00 pm

Haha not allowed a duplicate IP well not actually duplicate like my brother Unlimited is trying to join but he couldn't log in due to this. Smile any way to fix it so he can join?
Back to top Go down
sneakarn
Panda Army
Panda Army
sneakarn

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Who is Unlimited? Is he in the clan?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8
H3adsh0ot3r
Panda Enthusiast
Panda Enthusiast
H3adsh0ot3r

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 pm

sneakarn wrote:
Who is Unlimited? Is he in the clan?

his name sounds familiar but I have no idea lol. How weird. :\
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:14 am

i dont know. also. just to point out. dont abuse the multipul vent thing... its classed as spam if u log into vent with 10 + account's... so please dont do it

thanks you Smile

pawner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 am

i've seen ppl taking screenies with CF being played in a window view format, which I think may make it easier for me to switch channels on Vent as I can only do this if I close vent. Any idea how to make that happen? I'm also getting loads of wierd error messages coming up too.
Back to top Go down
Kylla
Sneaky Panda
Sneaky Panda
Kylla

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:15 am

well you go into options in game. and click on windowmode. I do believe after you hit apply or okay... it makes it window mode.

what kind of errors arre you getting sweety. I might be able to help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:21 pm

loads and loads, its lessened a bit but I think its just randomness or my connection to be honest. anyway they don't seem to be affecting anything in terms of listening to people so its k atm, however get a few 'input device failure' messages usaully. which is wierd considering that the only input devices i'm using is my mouse, my keyboard and my headphones. and all of them work fine so idk maybe vent doesn't like me...

pale

i'll let you know if anything serious pops up though Wink
Back to top Go down
Kylla
Sneaky Panda
Sneaky Panda
Kylla

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:25 pm

um. it might be because you dont have your head phones selected in set up. Or it would say that if you dont have a mic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Use Ventrilo   How to Use Ventrilo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Use Ventrilo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team °PubStarZ° :: Welcome :: Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: